Cost Accounting Analyst - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Cost Accounting Analyst is responsible for the ongoing analysis of process change in a job cost environment, gross margin analysis and tracing of costing back to underlying activities in order to ensure the cost estimating system generates accurate costing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the development of company cost and inventory accounting procedures to ensure compliance.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly gross margin reports by product, customer and warehouse
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials or manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Variance analysis and review of cost allocation assumptions and rates
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Responsible for overall Physical Inventory and related audits. Work with outside auditors during year-end review.
- Assist in month-end close of the General Ledger as it relates to COGS and Inventory accounting
- Special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel (e.g. strong Pivot table, V-Look up, data merges and filter experience)
- Analytical thinking and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively interact with various departments to accomplish desired results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be self-directed and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years of cost accounting experience
- ERP system experience, Oracle experience preferred
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Occasional travel required, including some international