2nd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Supervises staff in the safe, efficient, and quality manufacture of products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs manufacturing staff and operations by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Develops staff by training employees and identifying personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process: setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains safety, service, and quality performance by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Good mechanical skills and math skills
- Familiarization with computer technology
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related technical field. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to lift 35 lbs. frequently
- Stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods
- Some overtime required