Machine Operator – 2nd & 3rd Shift - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Competitive Benefits Package that includes:
• 2nd & 3rd shift include shift premium incentive
• Health Insurance with Prescription Drug Coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company paid Basic Life Insurance
• Voluntary Term Life Insurance
• Company paid Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company match.
• 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Paid Vacation
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
Set up and operate various machines for production of product per customer and work instruction specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Efficiently set up and operate machines for production runs of product.
• Ensure the proper tooling and computer programs are installed for jobs.
• Adjust machine feed & speed, change tooling, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
• Monitor machine during production run and adjust programs as necessary.
• Calculate machine speed and feed ratio and the size and position of cuts.
• Use precision measuring instruments and hand tools to verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications.
• Prioritize work according to leads instructions.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
• Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop.
• Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs)
• Promote energy conservation
• Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
• Good mechanical skills.
• Good shop math skills.
• Ability to prioritize effectively.
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers.
• Ability to communicate and work well with others.
Education / Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Previous machining experience preferred.
• Ability to life 35 lbs. on occasion.
• Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods.
• Ability to work overtime as required.