Accounts Payable Specialist - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Performs a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures as part of accounts payable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate accounts payable activities.
- Receive and verify invoices and purchase orders for goods and services.
- Process weekly and as needed payments via ACH and/or checks.
- Work with company personnel and vendors regarding the various aspects of accounts payable.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Obtain approvals for departmental expenses.
- Maintain electronic indexing system for purchase orders and invoices (paid and open).
- Process high volume of invoices on a regular basis.
- Reconcile RNI (Received, Not Invoiced) and Unvouchered reports.
- Determine correct GL coding for invoices.
- Mail out weekly payables checks to vendors.
- Research and resolve accounts payable problems.
- Respond to all vendor inquires.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Utilize system reports to analyze and document accounts payable activities.
- Expense report processing.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Provide support documentation for audits.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs)
- Promote energy conservation
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Language Skills – Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Analytical skills required to resolve problems.
- Must work well with minimal supervision.
- High degree of organization
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Computer experience
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Epicor ERP and DocStar experience a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education / Experience
- 2-5 years accounts payable or related accounting work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.