Bilingual Customer Service Representative - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Support Latin America customer base by managing all quote and order requests within one hour of receipt from customer or Prospect. Recommend best product based on customers’ business application and technical requirements. Required to communicate verbal and written in both English and Spanish with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide the best customer service in the industry
- Enter all orders and return quote requests in a timely manner.
- Check work product to keep errors low
- Enter dieline requests, tech support and drawing requests
- Notify customers of missed ship dates
- Submit accounting approvals
- Enter Customer Complaints
- Educate customers about terminology in order to improve order entry process and customer satisfaction
- Review and follow-up on quotes
- Monitor expedited shipment dates to ensure customer requirements are met
- Set-up and maintain customer files in CRM
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction and communicate with Account Managers and Management as needed
- Contact customers following sales to ensure customer satisfaction
- Cultivate an open communication environment
- Meet assigned revenue objectives (Quota)
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Bi- Lingual language skills, Spanish and English are required, Portuguese is a plus
- Basic mechanical aptitude with ability to read mechanical prints
- Proficiency in basic algebra
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Persistence – Ability to handle rejection and maintain motivation
- Even tempered and courteous when challenged customers or prospects
- Excellent organization and follow through skills
- Knowledge of flexographic printing techniques, product design for manufacturability preferred
- Knowledge of Die Cutting applications Preferred
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) required from four-year College or university or 5+ years related experience preferably selling to label convertors.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (if entering designated manufacturing areas)-safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.