Bilingual Collections Clerk - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Collect and reconcile accounts receivables, while identifying accounts at risk of credit hold. Perform customer service support duties, such as quote projects, contact prospect accounts, and provide customers with import documentation. Required to communicate verbal and written in both English and Spanish with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritize collection efforts based on A/R Aging reports to be provided by RotoMetrics’ Accounting Department and Management
- Reconcile accounts assigned to the Latin American POD by proactively communicating with customers to get payments. This avoids having customers on credit hold, resulting in maximize future sales.
- Maintain customers’ A/P contact information updated
- Identify accounts to go on Credit Hold
- Request account adjustments (credit memos, debit memos, write offs), to reconcile tax withholdings, bank fees, rebate programs, etc.
- Fulfill customers’ requests for information related to their shipments
- Provide customers with preformatted import documentation
- Prepare blanket Certificates of Origin (NAFTA, CAFTA, US-Chile, etc.) and distribute to corresponding accounts
- Support the Customer Service effort when a CSR is absent
- Establish strong relationships with other departments – Finance, Accounting, Shipping-, in order to fulfill the customer requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Assist the Customer Service efforts by preparing quotes
- Provide information to prospect accounts and establish those interest in placing an order
- Administrative support for the CSR team
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish; Portuguese a plus
- Knowledgeable of accounting fundamentals
- Persistence – Ability to handle rejection and maintain motivation
- Excellent organization and follow thru skills with the ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in MS, Excel
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years Collections experience