Chemical Operator – 3rd Shift - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Set up and operate various machines for production of product per customer and work instruction specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently set up and operate machines for production runs of product.
- Work with and safely handle hazardous chemicals
- Maintain chemical baths
- Perform plating and stripping operations in accordance with work instructions and specifications
- Use precision measuring instruments and hand tools to verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications.
- Potentially complete chemical titrations and record information accurately
- Prioritize work according to lead person instructions.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop.
- Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs)
- Promote energy conservation
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Good shop math skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
Education / Experience
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to life 35 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods.
- Ability to work overtime as required