CNC/MasterCAM Programmer - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The primary purpose of the CAD/CAM Programmer position is to review drawings and create the CAM programs using AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Mastercam. In addition, the CAD/CAM Programmer verifies machining programs match drawing interpretation and symbols, and supports Project Management by monitoring machining outcomes in the shop.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proficient with MasterCam Software
- Identify best methods to make high quality parts within the quoted cycle time
- Must be able to work independently to create programs
- Set up and run CNC mills and lathes if needed
- Able to Create and design fixtures and work holding for programmed parts
- Communicate with supervisors and machinist
- Produce set-up sheets and tooling list for parts
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- MasterCAM experience is a MUST
- Operating, setting-up, and programming CNC mills and lathes
- CAD/CAM experience (surface and solid modeling preferred)
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to adjust programs for optimal speed, reliability, and tool life
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous CNC machining experience or trade school grad preferred
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods.
- Ability to work overtime as required.