CNC Operator – Weekend Shift - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Shift is 12 hours, 3 days/week: Sat & Sun plus one weekday 7am- 7pm.
Set up and operate CNC machines for production of product per customer and work instruction specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently set up and operate CNC machines for production runs of product.
- Ensure the proper tooling and computer programs are installed for jobs.
- Adjust machine feed & speed, change tooling, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Monitor CNC machine during production run and adjust programs as necessary.
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratio and the size and position of cuts.
- Use precision measuring instruments and hand tools to verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications.
- Prioritize work according to leads instructions.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop.
- Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs).
- Promote energy conservation.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Strong shop math skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous CNC machining experience or trade school grad preferred
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods.
- Ability to work overtime as required.