CNC Programmer 2nd Shift - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Create drawings and CNC programs per customer specifications using AutoCad 2015 and proprietary software. Determine Pattern layout and manufacturability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review layouts to determine manufacturing feasibility
- Create new drawing and program files for new or repair orders
- Create dielines per customer/CSR requirements
- Troubleshoot programs and make changes as needed.
- Keep up to date on shop procedures for routing and special manufacturing instructions required on any particular product line.
- Work overtime as required
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Experience using AutoCad
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Quality minded
- Good math skills – Machinist math and trigonometry very helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally using email, phone, and face to face between multiple departments including Sales, Tech Support, Engineering and the shop floor.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma.
- Associate’s degree in CNC programming/Machine Tool Technology
- Experience with programming/operating CNC equipment.
- Certification from accredited technical school, CAD or Machinist