Production Department Supervisor - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Responsible for directing and coordinating operational activities within the department, including staffing, quality, production standards, and cost management.Provides administrative support to the department and the department manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles data and provides reports to department manager as needed using Microsoft Excel and Access for metrics. Creates charts for metrics using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Performs purchasing function for the department.
- Proof reads, creates and distributes memos on behalf of the department manager.
- Tracks data such as capital expenses, goals and objectives, etc.
- Organizes and performs a large volume and variety of administrative tasks and activities to support the department both routinely and on special assignments.
- Updates metrics charts daily with ongoing tracking.
- Timekeeper for department personnel. Manages vacation schedule, administers attendance points based on the attendance policy as needed, and prepares paperwork for corrective actions for attendance.
- Holds morning huddles to convey daily instructions to print cylinder operators.
- Creates SOP’s and other forms related to the print cylinder department.
- Completes paperwork for department personnel such as new user request forms, locker assignments, change request forms, work orders, etc. Orders supplies.
- Over sees daily shop floor operations with operators.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to assimilate and retain quickly a variety of information concerning company organization, policy and products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Overall knowledge of departmental task to help with problem solving.
Education / Experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods
- Be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to wear required PPE (i.e. steel toe shoes, safety glasses, etc.)