Department Supervisor - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Provides administrative support to the department and the department manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles data and provides reports to department manager as needed using Microsoft Excel and Access for metrics. Creates charts for metrics using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Performs purchasing function for the department.
- Proof reads, creates and distributes memos on behalf of the department manager.
- Tracks data such as capital expenses, goals and objectives, etc.
- Organizes and performs a large volume and variety of administrative tasks and activities to support the department both routinely and on special assignments.
- Updates metrics charts daily with ongoing tracking.
- Timekeeper for department personnel. Manages vacation schedule, administers attendance points based on the attendance policy as needed, and prepares paperwork for corrective actions for attendance.
- Holds morning huddles to convey daily instructions to print cylinder operators.
- Creates SOP’s and other forms related to the print cylinder department.
- Completes paperwork for department personnel such as new user request forms, locker assignments, change request forms, work orders, etc. Orders supplies.
- Over sees daily shop floor operations with operators.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to assimilate and retain quickly a variety of information concerning company organization, policy and products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Overall knowledge of departmental task to help with problem solving.
Education / Experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods
- Be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to wear required PPE (i.e. steel toe shoes, safety glasses, etc.)