Electronics Technician - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors, hydraulic systems and production machines. Follows diagrams, sketches, operational manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, engineering specifications to help troubleshoot malfunctions. Our job is to keep production downtime to a minimum.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair CNC machines.
- Help design and build in house machines.
- Retrofit machines to improve production efficiency.
- Find alternative replacements for obsolete, hard to find, or costly parts.
- Help in troubleshooting mechanical repairs.
- Programming PLC, Temperature controllers, and other devices.
- Calibrate process loops like temperature, amps, volts etc…
- Tune servo controls on CNC equipment.
- Support other sites with troubleshooting, repairs, and parts.
- Maintain stock on electronic parts for machines.
- Troubleshoot down to component level on circuit boards.
- Help in repair of HVAC equipment.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Safe work practices in an industrial environment.
- Good working knowledge of multimeters, oscilloscope and other electronic testers.
- Ability to handle multiple task and prioritize effectively.
- Proficient skill level simple mathematics
- Ability to work with supervision to realize company goals.
- Performs work with an attention to detail.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years in electronic or related field.
- Previous machining experience and or trade school grad helpful, but not required.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to use ladder and climb stairs.
- Ability to be work from heights.
- Ability to exert average physical effort, occasionally lifting materials and parts up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be “On Call” and work overtime if required.