Environmental Engineer - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Manage environmental compliance for the Eureka, Missouri facility. Maintain current knowledge of the applicable environmental regulations for the RotoMetrics facilities worldwide to advise and mentor leadership in the execution of their environmental accountabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute management systems to ensure environmental compliance
- Provide expertise in how new equipment and process changes may impact environmental requirements
- Analyze data for environmental reporting
- Lead and manage air, water and waste permitting activities and compliance
- Lead internal Hazwoper team
- Provide support to Safety and Environmental Departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Good analytical skills.
- Good influencing, interpersonal and management skills.
- Good organization, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a direct and non-direct team.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as cross-functionally.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining result.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State environmental regulations and procedures
Education / Experience
- BS in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Environmental Management
- Minimum of 2-3 years of environmental experience in a manufacturing setting
- 24-hour Hazwoper certification preferred
- RCRA and DOT certification preferred
- ISO 14001 internal auditor training preferred
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.