Etch Operator – 3rd Shift - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Etches pattern into flexible tooling per work instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritize work according to lead person or supervisor instructions.
- Make sure serial number on plate matches serial number on manufacturing sheet.
- Brings up and operates etch machines.
- Brings up and operates stripper machine.
- Calculates conveyor speed required.
- Maintains chemistry of etch baths by doing hourly checks on machines.
- Review manufacturing sheet for blade height of order and puts in appropriate primary etch machine.
- Measures background thickness of die on plate thickness indicator.
- Measure width of blades using microscope with scale.
- Calculates amount of removal required for secondary etch.
- Etches metal to size prior to metal prep and performs secondary etch processes as required.
- Change chlorine cylinders and hydrochloric acid barrels on etch machines.
- Required to access areas where chlorine cylinders are stored – security/background check required.
- Clean carbon residue from plates in sink using air powered scrubber.
- Changes water filters in quad rinse units.
- Uses RotoMetrics provided computer programs for tracking dies in work area and recording completion of tasks.
- Sweep and clean assigned areas in Initial Ops production area
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop.
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Proficient skill level simple mathematics
- Ability to work with supervision to realize company goals.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods
- Some overtime required.
- Ability to maneuver 150 lb cylinders and 35 gallon drums using handtrucks provided
- Ability to pass a respirator exam