Flex Chemical Operator – 2nd Shift - Alpharetta, GA USA
Employee will perform a variety of maintenance and support work related to the chemical operation including the operation of a Chemical Etching and Plating Unit as well as other machines. The employee will engage in company’s effort to establish a routine operation and support the company’s constant quality and production improvement process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritize work according to supervisor instructions.
- Make sure serial number on plate matches serial number on manufacturing sheet.
- Operates Metal Cutting Shearer
- Measures and tests products for quality standards and customer specifications
- Review manufacturing sheet for blade height of order and inputs the appropriate data into the machine.
- Measures background thickness of die on plate thickness indicator.
- Measure width of blades using microscope with scale.
- Calculates amount of removal required for secondary etch.
- Etches metal to size prior to metal prep and performs secondary etch processes as required.
- Uses provided computer programs for tracking dies in work area and recording completion of tasks.
- Sweep and clean assigned areas
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop.
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Proficient skill level simple mathematics
- Ability to work with supervision to realize company goals.
- Ability to work effectively with others and to communicate clearly and concisely.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods
- Some overtime required.
- Ability to maneuver 150 lb cylinders and 35 gallon drums using hand trucks provided