Global Quality & Environmental Director - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Relocation is not being offered with this role, only local candidates will be considered.
The position is responsible for leading the company’s Quality and Environmental initiatives. This includes both establishing strategic direction and providing oversight. In addition to overall accountability for maintaining Quality and Environmental systems (ISO 9000 and 14000), the role leads Continuous Improvement and Complaint Resolution Teams to develop and implement proactive policies and programs for driving excellence. The Global Quality Director will work closely with all RotoMetrics world -wide sites including manufacturing & repair centers, customer service & sales organizations, as well as the company’s other functional areas (Marketing, product development, IT, HR, and Finance). This is a key leadership position within RotoMetrics and reports directly to the CEO. The position is based at the corporate headquarters in Eureka, Missouri.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and Implements Global Quality and Environmental Management System to drive continual improvement throughout the organization.
- Provides technical and regulatory guidance to ensure compliance with legal requirements across all sites, globally.
- Participates in establishing RotoMetrics’s Global Quality and Environmental Priorities, Metrics, Goals and Requirements.
- Leads and coaches the organization in the development and implementation of practices and policies for Complaint Resolution Focus Team.
- Implement Lean Six Sigma Project methodologies across all facilities. Train and coach the CI Team and Front Line Employees towards Continuous Improvement.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establishes proposed quality and reliability expectancy of the finished product.
- Effectively communicate and refine conformance requirements based on customer input, manufacturing process changes and requirements of ISO system.
- Develop and approve responses to customer and internal corrective action requests, and assures implementation of corrective actions.
- Leads the company in implementing quality systems and processes which add value to the customer base and provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Act and provide support as a Subject Matter Expert for CPro Software, must be able to enforce and influence the use of CPro in all sites.
- Must be able to influence the Leadership team at all sites for systems compliance.
- Ideal candidate will have experience introducing and leading advanced Safety Processes (such as Behavioral Safety) in conjunction with Quality and Environmental continuous improvement initiatives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
Ethics & Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes with subordinates, business partners, and vendors.
Communication: Expresses ideas and communicates clearly, both orally and in written, Presents concise, well organized reports. Listens and understands input, feedback and concerns.
Teamwork/Relationships: Works with the current management team to accomplish the organizational desired results. In addition, must be able to work with all levels of the organization to promote cooperation and teamwork.
Continual Improvement and Environmental Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical/analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accountability for a successful implementation of all projects/programs/duties as outlined in this job description.
Provides Leadership of the Department: Leads by example and acts as a role model. Sets direction and makes sound decisions.
Change Agent: Leads and acts as change agent and must be able to transform the existing manufacturing environment to a futuristic state using tools and techniques.
Education / Experience
- BS degree in Engineering or related discipline and 15+ years of advancing Quality and or Environmental compliance and CI program leadership experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification and having experience leading / guiding Lean or Six Sigma projects a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel, domestic and international travel, up to 25%.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors.
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.