HR Generalist - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Human Resources Manager and is located in the Corporate Headquarters in Eureka, Missouri. This position is responsible for all generalist functions within the designated plant value stream, to include recruiting, employee relations, compensation administration, benefits administration, compliance, Human Resource Information Systems, and employee relations. In addition to HR Generalist responsibilities this position will have a heavy emphasis on training and development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the recruitment process of sourcing, attracting, and onboarding for both Exempt and Non-Exempt positions.
- Play a vital role in realizing the corporate commitment to Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Develop and improve diversity representation by providing a rich pool of diverse talent for all openings within the organization.
- Prepare monthly reports summarizing various Human Resource metrics.
- Coordinate and organize all interviews, verification of employment, background checks, and offer letters as approved by the Manager of Human Resources.
- Assist HR Manager in the development and management of a written performance management process to include keeping position descriptions updated, managing the goal-setting process, assisting managers with development plans as necessary, and ensuring performance reviews are processed in a timely matter.
- Select and conduct training programs for employees needed for development.
- Assist Human Resource Manager with drafting and implementing policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintain all employee data and accuracy of the Human Resource Information Systems.
- Provide guidance on HR company policies/procedures, compensation and benefits issues and general HR processes to employees as needed and as directed by the HR Manager.
- Administer various human resource related programs, including employee referral program, conducting exit interviews, orientation, on-boarding and various retention programs plant-wide.
- Coordinate benefit open enrollment, process employee benefit changes, and assist with employees with any benefit related questions.
- Support the safety program.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures in effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Administration of the FMLA, Workers’ Compensation and other Company Leave Policies.
- Ensures employees and processes operate in an environmentally responsible manner
- Promotes waste minimization, energy conservation, and other efforts to meet environmental objectives
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of human resource management.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, benefit programs, and recruitment processes.
- Good computer skills and literacy with experience implementing and managing various Human Resource Management Systems, specifically working knowledge of Oracle or UltiPro.
- Self-disciplined, taking pride in managing self to deliver agreed objectives.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to multi-task and drive change.
- A flexible approach and an ability to change direction with minimum disruption to others.
- Personable, able to develop strong working relationships.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Able to adapt own approach and style to a situation.
- High levels of personal energy, has a positive impact and is naturally influential.
- A confident and inquisitive communicator who actively listens and questions.
Education / Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience with emphasis in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (if entering designated manufacturing areas) – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time