HVAC Technician - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Perform a variety of standard to moderately technical tasks related to installing, maintaining and repairing heating, cooling, ventilation and related systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating and cooling systems.
- Monitors and inspects heating and cooling systems to ensure continued proper operation
- Checks and changes air filters on a regular basis
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve issues.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Must have HVAC and Water Source Chiller experience
- Strong knowledge of commercial mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to maintain and repair systems
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification required
- At leave five years of experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues
- Able to lift 35 lbs. frequently
- Stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods
- Must be able to work overtime when requested.