Machine Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Maintenance Technician will perform a variety of maintenance, repair and continuous improvement functions on CNC machinery with limited direction and guidance. Support manufacturing operations in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Safely, professionally and efficiently, complete machine repairs and rebuilds per line-up and documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair CNC machinery and equipment with minimal supervision using safe techniques and schematics. Perform mechanical and electrical work as needed to achieve assigned task. Perform electronic component replacement per familiarity and/or training. Verify equipment as functional and leave the area clean and safe.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic, and CNC machine repairs as required.
- Operate in response to requests by maintenance supervisor or support personnel and set priorities as required to maximize equipment uptime.
- Gather and maintain a complete set of required tools, using the company’s indicators, electrical meters and other diagnostic and measurement devices. Utilize diagnostic tools and techniques to define problem areas and assist with resolution. Utilize measurement devices to hold tight tolerances and industry standards while performing machine repairs and assembly.
- Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance programs to improve operational uptime and equipment life. Recommend improvements and/or changes to PM systems/tasks when applicable.
- Follow designated work instructions as outlined for specific functions. These include, but are not limited to: PM work orders, continuous improvement tasks, new installation line-ups, and repair/refurbish assignments.
- Update drawing/prints, suggest spare parts and suitable replacements, and perform various forms of machine repair/rebuild in a professional manner per line-up and schematics.
- Follow standard practices and all government regulations and laws relating to plant safety.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Familiarity with government regulations for industry and safety work practices dealing with machine repair.
- Knowledge of CNC machines with a variety of CNC controls.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and systems up to 480 volts.
- Ability to operate and obtain forklift license.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with complex machinery, electrical circuits, and plant operating equipment. Should maintain a sense of urgency, self-motivation and overall good work ethic while performing tasks in a safe manner.
- Maintain 5S in all maintenance and facility areas.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent / Trade School
- Minimum of 3 years CNC maintenance or machine building experience
- Must have strong background in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, CNC and overall machine troubleshooting skills.
- Sitting, squatting, walking and bending 8 – 10 hours per day
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Exposure to production environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be able to travel