Machine Operator – 2nd/3rd Shift - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Set up and operate various machines for production of product per customer and work instruction specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently set up and operate machines for production runs of product.
- Ensure the proper tooling and computer programs are installed for jobs.
- Adjust machine feed & speed, change tooling, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Monitor machine during production run and adjust programs as necessary.
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratio and the size and position of cuts.
- Use precision measuring instruments and hand tools to verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications.
- Prioritize work according to leads instructions.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop.
- Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs)
- Promote energy conservation
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Good mechanical skills.
- Good shop math skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous machining experience preferred.
- Ability to life 35 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
EQUIPMENT: Manual lathe/mill; Jet Coat Machine; Gear Face Grinder; Gear Hob Machine; Saw; Sand Blast Machine; Laser Marker; Test Press; HoistApply Now