Maintenance Electrician - Alpharetta, GA USA
The Maintenance Electrician will perform a variety of maintenance, repair and continuous improvement functions on NC/CNC machinery with limited direction and guidance. Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors, hydraulic systems and production machines. Support manufacturing operations in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion, our job is to keep production downtime to a minimum.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair NC/CNC machinery and equipment with safe techniques and schematics.
- Help design and build in house machines.
- Retrofit machines to improve production efficiency.
- Find alternative replacements for obsolete, hard to find, or costly parts.
- Perform mechanical and electrical work as needed to achieve assigned task.
- Programming PLC, Temperature controllers, and other devices.
- Calibrate process loops like temperature, amps, volts etc…
- Tune servo controls on CNC equipment.
- Perform electronic component replacement per familiarity and/or training.
- Verify equipment as functional and leave the area clean and safe.
- Maintain stock on electronic parts for machines.
- Troubleshoot down to component level on circuit boards.
- Help in repair of HVAC equipment.
- Utilize diagnostic tools and techniques to define problem areas and assist with resolution.
- Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance programs to improve operational uptime and equipment life.
- Follow standard practices and all government regulations and laws relating to plant safety.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Familiarity with government regulations for industry and safety work practices dealing with machine repair.
- Knowledge of NC/CNC machines with a variety of CNC controls.
- Knowledge of PLCs, electrical motors and pumps.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and systems up to 12V – 480 V AC/DC.
- Familiarity with complex machinery, electrical circuits and plant operating equipment, chemical processes and waste water treatment.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, self-motivation and overall good work ethic while performing tasks in a safe manner.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years NC/CNC maintenance or machine building experience
- 3-5 years in electronic or related field
- Must have strong background in electrical systems
- Plumbing and chemical experience a plus
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to use ladder and climb stairs.
- Ability to be work from heights.
- Ability to exert average physical effort, occasionally lifting materials and parts up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be “On Call” and work overtime if required.