Maintenance Projects & Support Technician - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Technician completes day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery, including CNC machines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility appearance. This position has strong emphases on building support equipment and processes, relocation of equipment at WHQ and other sites as needed. The position requires strong project management, electrical, electronics, mechanical and leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot and repair CNC machines.
• Installs new processes as requested.
• Troubleshoot mechanical problems and repair.
• Program PLC’s, Temperature controllers, and other devices.
• Calibrate process loops like temperature, amps, volts etc…
• Tune servo controls on CNC equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair of HVAC equipment.
• Size electrical circuits and ability to install services to equipment.
• Pipefitting and plumbing repairs.
• Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
• Supports other locations when machine issues arise, such as technical support or repair of parts.
• Ensures employees and processes operate in an environmentally responsible manner
• Promotes waste minimization, energy conservation, and other efforts to meet environmental objectives
• Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
• Demonstrate leadership skills, a high level of motivation, and the ability to work independently with a minimal supervision.
• The ability to create technical drawings and specifications in a clear, accurate and complete form.
• Excellent organization and computer skills.
• Excellent project management skills, ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as required, excellent relationship skills and attention to detail.
• Strong written communication skills to effectively communicate concepts, instructions, procedures, and develop proposals.
• Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD and/or other design applications.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to travel as needed for up to 2 weeks.
• Familiar with government regulations for industry and safety work practices dealing with machine repair.
• Knowledge of CNC machines with a variety of CNC controls.
• Strong machine moving abilities.
• Good working knowledge of multimeters and other electrical/electronic testers.
• Familiarity with complex machinery, electrical circuits, and plant operating equipment.
• Safe work practices in an industrial environment.
Education / Experience
• Minimum 2 year technical, associates, or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of job related experience preferred
• Must have strong background in mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, hydraulic, pneumatics, and overall machine troubleshooting skills.
• Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors
• Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
• Ability to use ladder and climb stairs.
• Ability to exert average physical effort, lifting 50 pounds.
• Ability to work from heights.
• Able to wear personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.