Maintenance Technician - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors, hydraulic systems and production machines. Follows diagrams, sketches, operational manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, engineering specifications to help troubleshoot malfunctions. Our job is to keep production downtime to a minimum.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operations, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts for wear by using rulers, calipers, micrometers and other measuring devices.
- Adjust and repair parts by using hand tools, precision levels and straight edges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques and monitoring them.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Obtains work instructions from Internal Work Request or Preventive Maintenance program.
- Uses a computer for parts research and responding to work orders.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Safe work practices in an industrial environment.
- Knowledgeable and able to use hoists, cranes, hand tools, man lifts and fork trucks.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment in welding, turning, milling, sawing, grinding, fitting and scraping.
- Uses shears, brakes, drills and hand tools.
- Ability to complete work orders with minimal supervision.
- Performs work with an attention to detail.
- Help in troubleshooting mechanical repairs.
- Help in repair of HVAC equipment.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years in maintenance or related field.
- Trade school or apprenticeship program helpful, but not required.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to use ladder and climb stairs.
- Ability to be work from heights.
- Ability to exert average physical effort, occasionally lifting materials and parts up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be “On Call” and work overtime if required.