Maintenance Technician - Alpharetta, GA USA
The Maintenance Technician will perform a variety of maintenance, repair and continuous improvement functions on NC/CNC machinery with limited direction and guidance. Support manufacturing operations in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Safely, professionally and efficiently, complete machine repairs and rebuilds per line-up and documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair NC/CNC machinery and equipment with minimal supervision using safe techniques and schematics.
- Perform mechanical and electrical work as needed to achieve assigned task.
- Perform electronic component replacement per familiarity and/or training. Verify equipment as functional and leave the area clean and safe.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic and NC/CNC machine repairs as required.
- Operate in response to requests by maintenance supervisor or support personnel and set priorities as required to maximize equipment uptime.
- Gather and maintain a complete set of required tools, using the company’s indicators, electrical meters and other diagnostic and measurement devices. Utilize diagnostic tools and techniques to define problem areas and assist with resolution.
- Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance programs to improve operational uptime and equipment life. Recommend improvements and/or changes to PM systems/tasks when applicable.
- Update drawing/prints, suggest spare parts and suitable replacements, and perform various forms of machine repair/rebuild in a professional manner per line-up and schematics.
- Follow standard practices and all government regulations and laws relating to plant safety.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Familiarity with government regulations for industry and safety work practices dealing with machine repair.
- Knowledge of NC/CNC machines with a variety of CNC controls.
- Knowledge of PLCs, electrical motors and pumps.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and systems up to 12V – 480 V AC/DC.
- Familiarity with complex machinery, electrical circuits and plant operating equipment, chemical processes and waste water treatment.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, self-motivation and overall good work ethic while performing tasks in a safe manner.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent /Trade School
- Minimum of 3 years NC/CNC maintenance or machine building experience
- Must have strong background in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, NC/CNC and overall machine troubleshooting skills.
- Plumbing and chemical experience a plus
- Sitting, squatting, walking and bending 8 – 10 hours per day
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Exposure to production environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours