Metal Prep Operator – 3rd Shift - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Prepares metal for resist/ink coating.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritize work according to lead person or supervisor instructions.
- Determine plate size and thickness needed per information on manufacturing sheet.
- Use metal cutting shear to cut appropriate thickness metal to correct size.
- Deburr edges of plate and label plate with thickness.
- Degrease, acid dip, and metal prep all plates with blue coating by hand.
- Mixes and changes out Duraprep tank solution.
- Process all metal with clear coating through Metal Prep machine.
- Monitor pH of Metal Prep degreaser bath and acid rinse.
- Maintain metal inventory at CTP and Lasers as instructed by supervisor.
- Uses Rotometrics provided computer programs for tracking dies in work area and recording completion of tasks.
- Sweep and clean assigned areas in Initial Ops production area
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop.
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Proficient skill level simple mathematics
- Ability to work with supervision to realize company goals.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods
- Some overtime required.