Oracle Applications Manager - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Responsible for leading the Oracle Applications team and ensuring excellent customer service to the user community. The Manager, Oracle Applications must ensure the systems are available at all times and functioning properly and efficiently. The Manager will lead updates and upgrades to the system to ensure the viability of the system and that the needs of the organization are always supported.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mentor and lead the Oracle Application development team to resolve complex technical issues and development projects while delivering excellent customer service.
- Lead development projects to ensure on time, on budget, fully functional and thoroughly tested enhancements.
- Resolve escalated technical issues as they arise.
- Work with third party vendors as necessary to ensure support needs
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Have a working knowledge of over-all architecture of software applications and the systems on which those applications run.
- Lead business analysts in defining new application requirements and updates to existing applications by extracting logic and data needed for their analysis.
- Design new application architectures and make application design modifications based on functional requirements.
- Support Oracle with PL/SQL and forms development as needed
- Provide software-related cost/benefit tradeoff analysis to management.
- Implement new software architectures and applications based on industry and organization best practices.
- Watch for opportunities and make recommendation for improvements to existing applications and architectures.
- Monitor technologies relevant to the applications and systems in use by the company and make recommendations to management regarding possible options to improve performance and/or ROI.
- Provide mentoring/training/advice to Software Engineers/Programmers.
- Support production operations on a daily basis.
- Assist in evaluation of potential employment candidates.
- Ensures employees and processes operate in an environmentally responsible manner
- Promotes waste minimization, energy conservation, and other efforts to meet environmental objectives
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- Programming languages: PL/SQL, SQL
- Oracle Applications: E-Business Suite Management/Customization/API Programming
- Oracle Forms and Reports development/modification/support
- Knowledge and implementation experience in Oracle Financials, Manufacturing, Inventory & Order Management
Preferred Technical Proficiencies:
- Programming languages: Visual Basic, VB.NET, Java
- Office Applications: MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Lotus Notes
- Oracle: Database: Workflow
- Effective interpersonal communication with international co-workers, management, and vendors.
- Self-motivation to accomplish assigned objectives and pursue options that will benefit the company.
- Numerical / analytical abilities.
- Capability to grasp “big picture” down to minute details of systems/software.
- Flexibility to effectively switch between support of production environment and development projects.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and business rule management systems.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of related experience
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (if entering designated manufacturing areas) – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.