Process Engineer - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
Assist with research and development of products and processes, configures engineering and manufacturing systems to optimize cost, and develop best practices within the production process. Optimize, troubleshoot and maintain existing processes and control systems to improve quality, efficiency, and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee product lines to ensure timely production of products and processes.
- Evaluate, develop, justify, and implement processes in engineering and manufacturing systems to optimize production rates, efficiencies, yields, quality, and costs on existing and new products.
- Support the Plant Manager in feasibility assessment, design innovation, product enhancement, and cost effective product manufacture activities.
- Collaborate with management staff to monitor and improve production goals.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage testing and assessment of alternate raw materials, product designs, and processes to improve productivity and reduce product component cost.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement engineering and product data base processes and systems to ensure integrity and accessibility of all product and technical information.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, establishing standards, and auditing manufacturing processes.
- Oversee plant operations as needed in absence of Plant Manager.
- Assist with all other activities as requested by the Plant Manager.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Ability to apply Engineering principles in practical application with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, a high level of motivation, and the ability to work independently with a minimal supervision.
- The ability to write technical reports in a clear, accurate and complete form. Excellent organizational skills and excellent computer skills.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as required, excellent relationship skills, attention to detail and understanding of the big picture.
- Strong written communication skills to effectively communicate concepts, instructions, procedures, and develop proposals.
- Proficient skill level in AutoCad and/or other design applications.
- Experience in Engineering Product Data Management (PDM) system structure and use.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in process and product engineering in a made to order metals manufacturing environment.
- Metallurgical engineering/testing experience a plus.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors, etc.
- Able to wear required personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.