Production Department Manager - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Responsible for directing and coordinating operational activities within the department, including staffing, quality, production standards, and cost management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures department staff is trained, scheduled, utilized, and accountable to daily production, performance, and quality standards.
- Ensures attainment of production schedules with products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of labor, equipment, materials, capital, and processes.
- Ensures safe working environment within the department and facility, and ensures employees follow prescribed safe work practices.
- Ensures equipment is in optimal working and safe condition. Coordinates required maintenance and repairs. Ensures housekeeping is to standards.
- Identifies and justifies capital investments to meet product requirements and/or provide cost savings opportunities.
- Coordinates resources and schedules with other operating departments.
- Provides technical manufacturing insight and support into product and process capability, design, and improvement activities.
- Ensures employees and processes operate in an environmentally responsible manner
- Promotes waste minimization, energy conservation, and other efforts to meet environmental objectives
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills. CNC machining knowledge very beneficial.
- Ability to assimilate and retain quickly a variety of information concerning company organization, policy and products.
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in production, engineering, business, or technical studies. Equivalent relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing supervision or management, preferably in metals machining and manufacturing
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time