Project Engineer – CNC Machined Products - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Manages all aspects of CNC Machined Products project design and production planning to include initial customer application review and solution development, technical CAD mechanical design and programming production, manufacturing and quality assurance planning and coordination, and overall project management from inception to shipment. Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office and various CAD/CAM software packages (SolidWorks, AutoCad) required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and to specifications and quality levels required to successfully fulfill customer application.
- Works through Sales and Customer Service team members, and interfaces directly with the customer to determine, confirm, and produce technical specifications of each job for successful project execution.
- Develop project scope and objectives through involving all relevant stakeholders while ensuring technical and economic feasibility.
- Based on customer and product requirements, generate mechanical design drawings and blade patterns programs for customer review and internal production.
- Help develop product testing methods and protocols for confirming “fitness for use” in both the development and ongoing production project phases.
- Develop, coordinate, and communicate job manufacturing plans, routings, and bills of material, with status monitoring, assessment, and communications at key process milestones.
- Facilitate/support the job cost estimating process.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Ensure proper tooling, fixtures, materials, and other project enablers are available for project use.
- Monitor, measure, and “own” project status and performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Use appropriate verification and documentation techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Ensure finished product meets quality standards and performs to customer expectations.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to facilitate specification development, best practices, new product options, and identify new capability needs.
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed.
- The Project Manager will be expected to manage multiple projects across multiple customers at any given time.
- The Project Manager will be accountable and measured on the number of successfully executed projects and profitable growth and development of assigned customers.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Self managed, proactive, and capable of establishing own priorities with limited oversight.
- Required to be proficient in use of Microsoft Office and various CAD/CAM software packages (SolidWorks, AutoCad).
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and monitor multiple simultaneous initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact directly with various technical customer stakeholders and internal parties, while confidently making decisions and executing duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial skills for job costing activities, analysis, and performance measurement.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Engineering degree or technical certification highly preferred.
- Experience and proficient in each of the core skills areas (customer technical communications, mechanical design, programming, manufacturing/quality processes, and project management).
- 5+ years experience in a machining/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors.
- Be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Sit/stand/walk 8-10 hours a day.
- Occasional travel to customer sites to evaluate application and technical requirements.