Project Designer – Web Fabrication - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Manages key aspects of Web Fab project design and production for accurate mechanical CAD design and programming production.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and to specifications and quality levels required to successfully fulfill customer application.
- Execute project scope and objectives through involving all relevant stakeholders while ensuring technical and economic feasibility.
- Based on customer and product requirements, generate mechanical design drawings and blade patterns programs for customer review and internal production.
- Support the job cost estimating process.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Ensure proper tooling, fixtures, materials, and other project enablers are identified for project execution.
- Ensure finished product design, production specifications, and programming meets established quality standards and customer requirements.
- Create and maintain project documentation to facilitate specification development, best practices, new product options, and identify new capability needs.
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed.
- The Project Designer will be expected to manage multiple projects across multiple customers at any given time.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Self managed, proactive, and capable of managing multiple priorities with appropriate guidance and prioritization.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and various CAD/CAM software packages (SolidWorks, AutoCad, BPA).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact directly with various stakeholders and internal parties, while confidently executing duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong potential to develop and demonstrate additional skills in the areas of product application and solution development, customer interaction and communications, manufacturing routings, quality assurance and fitness for use, and project management in program development track for Project Manager position.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Engineering/technical certification or degree preferred.
- Experience and proficient in each of the core skills areas (customer technical communications, mechanical design, programming, manufacturing/quality processes, and project management).
- 5 years minimum experience in a machining/manufacturing environment.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors.
- Be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Sit/stand/walk 8-10 hours a day.