Project Support Technician - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Technician completes day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery, including CNC machines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility appearance. This position has strong emphases on building support equipment & processes, relocation of equipment at WHQ and other sites as needed. The position requires strong electrical, HVAC and plumbing skills, previous project management a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install/relocate machinery, support equipment and processes.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and repair.
- Troubleshoot and repair of HVAC equipment.
- Size electrical circuits and ability to install services to equipment.
- Pipefitting and plumbing repairs.
- Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Supports other locations when machine issues arise, such as technical support or repair of parts.
- Promotes waste minimization, energy conservation, and other efforts to meet environmental objectives
- Travels to other sites as needed to install and maintain equipment.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- High level of motivation and the ability to work independently with a minimal supervision.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and ability to use machine-moving equipment.
- Good organization and computer skills.
- Strong written communication skills to effectively communicate concepts, instructions, procedures, and develop proposals.
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- General fabricating and welding skills.
- Familiar with government regulations for industry and safety work practices dealing with machine repair.
- Knowledge of CNC machines
- Good working knowledge of electrical test equipment.
- Ability to read schematics and building prints.
- Familiarity with complex machinery, electrical circuits, and plant operating equipment.
- Safe work practices in an industrial environment.
Education / Experience
- Minimum 2 year technical, associates, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of job related experience preferred
- Must have strong background in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, hydraulic, pneumatics, and overall machine troubleshooting skills.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
- Ability to use ladder and climb stairs.
- Ability to exert average physical effort, lifting 50 pounds.
- Ability to work from heights.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.