Quality Control Technician – 2nd Shift - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
This position is a mid-day 2nd shift, hours are 12pm – 8:30pm.
Perform inspections on all RotoMetrics’ products various inspection tools, including, granite surface plates with indicator stands, test machines, micrometers, calipers, and other types of check gauge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proof read paperwork and check roll drawing specifications versus customer drawings
- Perform Initial and Final clearance checks on tools using indicators on stands
- Perform any necessary assembly to create finished product
- Set up and run a test machine when required
- Perform initial and final inspections involving several quality checks on tools
- Update transactions using oracle and WIP mover programs on the computers
- Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs)
- Promote energy conservation
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to assimilate and retain quickly a variety of information pertaining to several products
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with others
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous quality or machine shop experience a plus
- Ability to life 35 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 2 hour periods.
- Ability to work overtime as required.