Receptionist - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The person in this position is responsible for operating a busy switchboard in a professional and cheerful manner, communicating with callers and visitors to determine their needs, forwarding calls to correct person or extension and communicating with employees concerning callers and guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates switchboard forwarding calls to the correct team member or screening calls when appropriate.
- Pages employees as needed and per company policy.
- Uses paging system to make scripted announcements.
- Takes and sends messages to employees.
- Greets visitors having them sign in and complete visitor agreements when necessary. Provides visitors badges and safety glasses as needed.
- Backup Sales Support and Mail Clerk as needed.
- Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs).
- Promote energy conservation.
- Assist in cross departmental duties related to customer orders.
- Maintain customer debit/credit verification process.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Pleasant and professional language skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls.
- Ability to quickly remember people’s names and extensions.
- Basic computer skills
- Able to cover other receptionist’s hours when needed.
- Previous receptionist or switchboard operator experience is helpful.
Education / Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to work in a seated position during shiftApply Now