Safety Supervisor - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Responsible for directing, coordinating, and administering facility safety initiatives and programs to promote safe work practices and culture, and achieve desired safety results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program. Develop and implement changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate emergency response procedures and team for the Eureka, MO facility.
- Coordinate and manage Safety Committee Meetings.
- Develop and maintain Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s).
- Conduct new hire and ongoing employee safety training.
- Lead incident investigations, review near misses, determine root causes, and develop corrective/preventive measures.
- Manage air monitoring and noise testing.
- Review and manage Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all new products
- Manage compliance with OSHA requirements including all applicable programs and training (Respirator, Hazcom, LOTO, Powered Industrial Truck, Hearing Conservation, PPE, Emergency Response, Hoist Use, Bloodborne, First Aid / CPR, Laser Safety, Confined Space, Safety Showers, Eye Baths, Plant Signage).
- Manage internal safety audits which may include (fork lift, fire extinguisher, respirator, building, emergency lighting, etc)
- Maintain First Aid room and supplies.
- Oversee material handling including facility hazardous waste.
- Maintain OSHA Log
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Strong incident investigation skills.
- Strong safety program management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
- Ability to assimilate and retain a variety of information concerning company processes, policy and products.
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of chemicals.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in production, engineering, business, or technical studies. Equivalent relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- 5 years experience in safety supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time