Supervisor, Maintenance Projects - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Supervisor, Maintenance Projects assists in the completion of day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment, and machinery, including CNC machines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility appearance. This position has strong emphases on building support equipment & processes, relocation of equipment & departments at WHQ and other sites as needed. The position supervises and coordinates the work of Facilities Support Project Technicians.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product.
- Works closely with department managers and supervisors to perform equipment/department moves at WHQ and other sites as requested.
- Installs new processes as requested.
- Coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports
- Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance for applicable equipment, machinery and building/grounds.
- Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party contractor support for WHQ and other sites as needed.
- Prepares budgets and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
- Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Coordinates equipment shipments between facilities.
- Supports other locations when machine issues arise, such as technical support or repair of parts.
- Ensures employees and processes operate in an environmentally responsible manner
- Promotes waste minimization, energy conservation, and other efforts to meet environmental objectives
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Familiarity with government regulations for industry and safety work practices dealing with machine repair.
- Knowledge of CNC machines with a variety of CNC controls is a plus.
- Strong machine moving abilities.
- Familiarity with complex machinery, electrical circuits, and plant operating equipment.
- Safe work practices in an industrial environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
Education / Experience
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of job related experience preferred
- Must have strong background in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, pipe fitting, pneumatics, and overall machine troubleshooting skills.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment – noise, dust, odors
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
- Ability to use ladder and climb stairs.
- Ability to exert average physical effort, lifting 30 pounds in office area and 50 pounds in shop.
- Ability to work from heights.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.