Systems Engineer - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the back-office Microsoft server environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cisco Meraki configuration / dashboard management
- Cisco Phone System & ShoreTel / Mitel Phone system configuration & management
- Azure Active Directory.
- Office 365 Administration.
- Cylance Endpoint Protection Administrator including Cylance Optics.
- VMware administration patching host/virtual servers/vcenter server using the update manager, configuring remote VMware deployments.
- Storage administration for SAN & NAS devices using FC, iSCSI, & NFS.
- Group Policy & Active Directory Management.
- Level 2/3 support for production operations on a 24/7 basis (every 3rd week on call rotation).
- LAN/WAN monitoring and network utilization.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Ability to lead projects with minimal
- Effective interpersonal communication.
- Self-motivation to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Capability to grasp “big picture” down to minute details of systems/software.
- Flexibility to effectively switch between support of production environment and development.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
- Strong knowledge of route / switch / LAN / WAN / IPSEC VPN
- Cisco Meraki SDWAN & Switching.
- Cisco Aironet or other Wireless controller based technology
- VoIP, SIP, Phone system experience, Cisco, Mitel, ShoreTel
- Cisco UCS / HPE Simplivity
PREFERRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
- Symantec Management Platform (Software Packaging, Patch Management).
- Windows Server 2003-2019 with heavy use of Active Directory & Group Policy.
- Windows Azure AD.
- VMware Infrastructure Administration version 5.5 to 6.7.
- Veeam Backup and Replication.
- SAN Storage Administration (Nimble, Brocade X-IO Storage).
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 – 5 years of
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (if entering designated manufacturing areas) – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection,
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of