Senior Systems Engineer - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the back-office Microsoft server environment on a 24×7 operations model basis. Must have strong Unix/SunOS/Solaris Administrative skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monthly Testing and Deploying Windows updates via WSUS server
- Azure Active Directory
- Hybrird Office 365 Administration
- VMware administration patching host/virtual servers/vcenter server using the update manager, configuring remote VMware deployments.
- Exchange 2013 Server Administration.
- Skype for Business Server Administration for both internal and external access.
- Availability to apply server upgrades and patches during non-production hours.
- Storage administration for SAN & NAS devices using FC, iSCSI, & NFS.
- Upgrading core domain controllers and production servers from Server 2003 & 2008 to Server 2012.
- SQL Server 2005-2012R2.
- Group Policy & Active Directory Management.
- MS Workstation Operating Systems, (NT4.0, 95, 98, 2k, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).
- Level 2/3 support for production operations on a 24/7 basis (every 3rd week on call rotation).
- LAN/WAN monitoring and network utilization.
- Testing and Documentation.
- Strong Unix Administration skills.
- Manage waste responsibly (utilize proper containers, participate in the recycling programs).
- Promote energy conservation.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
- Ability to lead projects with minimal
- Effective interpersonal communication with co-workers, management, and
- Self-motivation to accomplish assigned objectives and pursue options that will benefit the
- Numerical / analytical
- Capability to grasp “big picture” down to minute details of systems/software.
- Flexibility to effectively switch between support of production environment and development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and business rule management systems
REQUIRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
- Windows Server 2003-2019 with heavy use of Active Directory & Group Policy.
- Windows Azure AD.
- Microsoft Intune Administrator.
- Microsoft Teams Administration.
- Microsoft Office 365 Hybrid deployment.
- VMware Infrastructure Administration version 5.5 to 6.5.
- Familiarity with SUSE Linux Enterprise 11.
- Strong Unix/SunOS/Solaris Administrative skills.
- SAN Storage Administration (Nimble, Brocade X-IO Storage).
PREFERRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
- Cylance Endpoint Protection Administration.
- Cisco Meraki SDWAN & Switching.
- Cisco Aironet.
- Cisco UCS.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 – 7 years of experience
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (if entering designated manufacturing areas) – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.