Multi-Score Folding Carton Dies
RotoMetrics Multi-Score Flexible Dies for folding cartons use innovative creasing technology to provide optimum performance and cost effectiveness. This new Multi-Score die combines patented scoring technology with a flexible die, which runs on a special magnetic cylinder cutting against an anvil roll. Now, this breakthrough process for creasing folding cartons creates an opportunity for converters whose presses have die stations without removable anvil rolls to run folding carton jobs.
- Ideal for short-run folding cartons converted on digital printing equipment
- Works with narrow web flexographic presses and sheet-fed presses cutting from the reverse side
- Standard plate height of .035" (0.89 mm)
- For presses with removable anvils, the die runs as an "undercutter" with the anvil positioned above the die (carton stacker must be vertically adjustable to allow various cylinder diameters)
- For presses without removable anvils, use a turn bar to flip the web
- The carton dieline should be rotated slightly, so there is no true cross blade on the die, configured at approximately a 5 degree angle on the layout
- A specific magnetic cylinder is required, which uses a combination of high strength and standard magnets, and which has a minimum repeat of 16" (406.4 mm)—128 tooth, 1/8CP (standard label magnetic cylinders are not suitable for use with Multi-Score dies)
- Optional pin mounting also available
For more information about RotoMetrics Multi-Score Flexible Dies and our complete line of rotary tooling, or for answers to your technical questions, contact your RotoMetrics sales representative.
Product Sheet PDF.