Global Logistics Manager - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
Manages global logistics:
- Oversees Maxcess global shipping operations.
- Negotiates agreements with big three carriers – DHL, FedEx and UPS.
- Trains all Maxcess sites on how to import and export to minimize spend and maximize freight discount.
- Trains all Maxcess sites on how to eliminate delays on import and export shipments.
- Keeps all Maxcess locations up to date on regulation changes.
- Assisting all Maxcess locations with resolving and logistics issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for negotiating freight rates with logistics carriers.
- Responsible for leading initiatives focused on improving delivery timing and reducing cost.
- Responsible for staying apprised of freight regulation changes.
- Facilitates training with Maxcess locations to understand documentation requirements, import and export laws and rate calculations.
- Act as a change agent by supporting organizational/departmental continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of organizational objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Problem solving and prevention skills a must
- Oracle experience or similar ERP
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, and Power Point
- APICS or ISM certification a plus
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related required
- Minimum 3-5 years import/export experience required
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
• Working in an office environment in a seated position a minimum of eight hours per day is sometimes required.
• This job primarily operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Working in a standing position, walking outdoors and through factories during periods of high and low temperatures.