HR Generalist - Meadows of Dan VA, USA
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Regional Director of Human Resources and is located in Meadows of Dan, VA. This position is responsible for all generalist functions within the designated plant value stream, to include recruiting, employee relations, compensation administration, benefits administration, compliance, Human Resource Information Systems, and employee relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate the recruitment process of sourcing, attracting and onboarding of primarily Non-Exempt positions.
• Play a vital role in realizing the corporate commitment to Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Develop and improve diversity representation by providing a rich pool of diverse talent for all openings within the organization.
• Coordinate and organize all interviews, verification of employment, background checks and offer letters as approved by the Regional Director of Human Resources.
• Maintain all employee data and accuracy of the Human Resource Information Systems.
• Provide guidance on HR company policies/procedures, compensation and benefits issues and general HR processes to employees as needed.
• Administer various human resource related programs, including employee referral program, conducting exit interviews, orientation, on-boarding and various retention programs plant-wide.
• Administration of the FMLA, Workers’ Compensation and other Company Leave Policies.
• Facilitate human resources processes to include issuing employee badges, uniforms and Employee Service Awards.
• Assist and coordinate employee events.
• Review and process time clock hours and send to corporate HR for processing.
• Perform general office and administrative duties.
• Support the safety program.
• Ensures employees and processes operate in an environmentally responsible manner
• Promotes waste minimization, energy conservation, and other efforts to meet environmental objectives
• Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of human resource management.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, benefit programs, and recruitment processes.
• Good computer skills and literacy with experience managing various Human Resource Management Systems.
• Self-disciplined, taking pride in managing self to deliver agreed objectives.
• Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to multi-task and drive change.
• A flexible approach and an ability to change direction with minimum disruption to others.
• Personable, able to develop strong working relationships.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
• Able to adapt own approach and style to a situation.
• High levels of personal energy, has a positive impact and is naturally influential.
• A confident and inquisitive communicator who actively listens and questions.
Education / Experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience with emphasis in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Able to wear personal protective equipment including: safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
• Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time