Oracle Software Developer - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Oracle Software Developer’s role is to partner with customers, functional business analysts and other team members in driving appropriate design and implementation of technical solutions to meet desired business requirements. Design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite Applications within the application in support of the business function. The developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle in accordance with the business goals and organizational architectural standards. Support with emphasis on PL/SQL and developing Oracle Forms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Have a working knowledge of over-all architecture of software applications and the systems on which those applications run.
- Assist business analysts in defining new application requirements and updates to existing applications by extracting logic and data needed for their analysis.
- Design new application architectures and make application design modifications based on functional requirements.
- Support Oracle with heavy emphasis on PL/SQL and forms development
- Provide software-related cost/benefit tradeoff analysis to management.
- Implement new software architectures and applications based on industry and organization best practices.
- Watch for opportunities and make recommendation for improvements to existing applications and architectures.
- Monitor technologies relevant to the applications and systems in use by the company and make recommendations to management regarding possible options to improve performance and/or ROI.
- Support production operations on a daily basis.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally focused multi-cultural environment.
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Knowledge /Skills /Abilities
- Effective interpersonal communication with international co-workers, management, and vendors.
- Self-motivation to accomplish assigned objectives and pursue options that will benefit the company.
- Partner with business analysts and application super users to successfully complete projects.
- Proactively work through service requests with vendor support as needed.
- Capability to grasp “big picture” down to minute details of systems/software.
- Flexibility to effectively switch between support of production environment and development projects.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and business rule management systems.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
• Heavy emphasis programming languages: PL/SQL, SQL
• Oracle Applications: E-Business Suite Management/Customization/API Programming
• Oracle Forms and Reports development/modification/support
PREFERRED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
• Knowledge of key Oracle Modules: AP, AR, PO, INV, BOM, PO, GL, & FND, Order Management, Supply Chain Management.
• Programming languages: Visual Basic, VB.NET, Java
• Office Applications: MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Lotus Notes
• Oracle: Database: Workflow
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years progressively responsible ERP application implementation and support experience
- Strong knowledge of Oracle EBS 12.1/ 12.2 releases to ensure effective and optimal solution design, deployment and support of Oracle solutions.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (if entering designated manufacturing areas) – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.